NC Legislative Newsletter
January 20, 2023
The week of January 16-20 consisted of organizational and planning activities at the North Carolina General Assembly. The NC House announced committee selections and the NC Department of Transportation hosted its 2023 NC Transportation Summit in Raleigh.
Lawmakers return to Raleigh on Wednesday to begin the 2023-24 Biennium after the ceremonial events on January 11.
NC General Assembly
- North Carolina House Committees Announced for 2023 Long Session (Press Release)
2024 Election Cycle
- See who’s running in 2024 for North Carolina governor and other statewide offices (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Annie Brown Kennedy, the first Black woman to serve in the N.C. General Assembly and a prominent local attorney, died Tuesday of natural causes at her Winston-Salem home, a family member said. Kennedy was 98 (Winston-Salem Journal)
- Lexington City Manager Terra Greene to step down this year (WFDD)
- The Charlotte Convention Center’s $127 million expansion is paying off with more events bringing larger groups of visitors to town (Charlotte Business Journal)
- Mecklenburg County commissioners sign off on incentives for ACC HQ move to uptown Charlotte (Charlotte Business Journal)